Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My First Day

So I arrived safely in Italy after a long and stressful flight over. To start off my trip, Ohio decided it wanted to rain down ice during the drive to the airport. Unfortunately, this caused my first flight to be delayed and made me late for my connection to New York. So I had to run from the Terminal to New York and get my tickets for my international flight. Thank goodness that flight was also delayed enough that u had plenty of time to make it. Then I was all prepared for the flight to be cold, but it was so hot and they had blankets on the plane. So I carried that extra weight for nothing.

When I arrived in Italy, everything went smoothly from there. It was another 2 hours from the airport to which I enjoyed the beautiful countryside. When we arrived in Siena, we got our host families and went home with them. I have a host dad, mom, and two brothers that are both older. I also have a roommate from my program. We get along really well, which is really great. My family lives right in the center of the city and so I can walk everywhere.

I have to say the Siena is the most beautiful city I have ever seen. It is literally like all the pictures of Italy you see. The only down side is walking up the hills and my school happens to be at the bottom of this huge which I have to walk up. 

Italian is going really well. My Portuguese background has really helped with understanding, but speaking and writing could use some work. I start Italian classes tomorrow as well as finish up our there day orientation.

I have met so many people today. Everyone from our program was at the school today and there is a total of 50 of us in the program which is a lot of people when you put us all together. So far the people seem really great and I have made a lot of friends. I'm excited for the adventures to come.

- Cori


This a really beautiful church that I see as I walk to school.

This is the enormous hill that I have to walk up when classes are over. It is so steep and I'm so exhausted by the time I walk up it. Thank goodness I don't live that far from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment